Dr. Nilesh Kotecha is a fellowship-trained neurological spine surgeon offering minimally-invasive surgical care to the communities of South Houston, Memorial City, Spring and Sugar Land. Dr. Kotecha has a true passion for improving the quality of life in patients suffering pain spine conditions.
Dr. Kotecha is one of only a handful of spine surgeons with advanced fellowship training in Endoscopic Laser Spine Surgery. This minimally invasive spine procedure allows the surgeon to view the affected area using an endoscope, or camera, while performing surgery using a laser. With only a tiny incision required, Endoscopic Laser Spine Surgery minimizes discomfort after surgery and allows for a faster recovery time after surgery.
Additionally, Dr. Kotecha has the training and experience required to perform...
- Endoscopic Laser Spine Surgery: Dr. Kotecha has specialized training in this minimally-invasive alternative to fusion. If you're dealing with degenerative, herniated, extruded or protruded discs, call the office to see if you quality for minimally-invasive Selective Endoscopic Discectomy™ (SED™).
Dr. Kotecha is the only spine surgeon in the Houston & San Antonio areas trained to provide this state-of-the-art, minimally-invasive endoscopic laser spine treatment!
- Minimally Invasive Lumbar Discectomy: A minimally-invasive spine surgery that alleviates pressure on the spinal nerves of the lower back (or "lumbar spine") by removing damaged or diseased discs.
- Lumbar Laminectomy: A spine surgery intended to treat radiating leg pain or back pain by removing bone to alleviate pressure on spinal nerves of the lower back.
- Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (ALIF): An open or minimally-invasive spine surgery where the surgeon accesses the spine through the abdomen to remove bone or disc material in between vertebrae.
- Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (PLIF): Opposite of the ALIF procedure, this minimally-invasive procedure allows the surgeon to approach the spine from an incision in the patient's back to place bone graft between vertebrae.
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy with Fusion: A spine surgery performed to alleviate pressure on the spinal cord or nerve roots caused by bone spurs or a herniated disc (also known as nerve root compression).
- Kyphoplasty: A spine procedure performed to stabilize fractures, and / or strengthen areas of the spine weakened by osteoporosis.
- Minimally Invasive Fusion: A less invasive form of spinal fusion surgery, this procedure is performed to treat spinal stenosis, spondylolisthesis, degenerative disc disease, , and other spine conditions.
- ...and other procedures -- call Dr. Kotecha today to discuss your specific situation and needs.
Dr. Kotecha specializes in treating a wide range of spine problems and conditions, including...
- Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD): A natural part of the aging process that causes intervertebral discs to lose elasticity, flexibility, and ability to absorb shock.
- Herniated Discs: Also known as a "bulging," "slipped," or "ruptured" disc, this condition occurs when the inner core of the intervertebral disc protrudes out through the outer layer of ligaments surrounding the disc.
- Osteoporosis: A bone condition that causes decreased bone mass and deterioration of the bone tissue.
- Adult Scoliosis: Although called "adult" in its name, this condition may actually be caused by a progression of adolescent scoliosis from childhood that progressively gets worse as we age.
- Spondylolisthesis: A condition whose most common symptom is low back pain.
- Spinal Stenosis: A spine condition characterized by a narrowing of the spinal canal.
- Vertebral Compression Fractures: Also known as "spinal fractures," this condition occurs when the vertebral body is compressed vertically.
If you're suffering from a spine condition and can't seem to find relief no matter what you try, call Dr. Kotecha to set up a consultation and discuss a treatment plan tailored to your specific goals and needs!